Berea Lutheran Preschool offers an early childhood program of Christian education where each child develops a better relationship with their Savior, Jesus Christ, and feels loved and valued while developing a love for learning. This includes:
- an exposure to letters, literature, numbers and music
- free-choice centers covering pre-math skills, science, pre-reading skills, pre-writing and drawing, blocks, art, dramatic play, and small manipulatives
Each child will be provided with an environment:
- that fosters a love of learning and one that promotes self-awareness, positive social skills, pre-reading skills, pre-writing skills, and an awareness of math concepts.
- that promotes positive self-esteem, with activities that are geared towards making them feel successful.
- that offers a variety of multicultural items, including quality literature about different cultures, puppets, and music.
- exposing them to a variety of equipment that will strengthen various skills. Small manipulatives will be available to strengthen fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Large motor needs will be met through a variety of methods.
Berea Lutheran Preschool is fully licensed and complies with the standards set forth by the Department of Human Resources Division of Licensing. In addition, we have the services of a contracted Health Care consultant through Health Consultants for Child Care who annually reviews health and safety policies. The health consultant is a registered nurse with a certification in public health. Our preschool teacher holds a degree in Early Childhood Education and is Parent Aware rated. Our staff members are certified in First Aid, CPR, and AED devices. See our Staff page for more information about our teachers.
Berea Lutheran Preschool is open to both 3 and 4 year olds. To enroll in the 3-year-old program, the child needs to be 3 years old by Sept. 1st and be in the advanced stages of toilet training. To enroll in the 4-year-old program, a child needs to be 4 years old by Sept. 1st, and be fully toilet trained. Both the 3-year-old and 4-year-old program will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays through the school year. The 3-year-old program will be in session from 8:15 – 11:15, and the 4-year-old program will be in session from 8:15 – 11:45.
A registration fee of $50 is required and is due at the time of registration. This is non-refundable, nor does it apply to the monthly tuition. Tuition will be charged at the rate of $160/month for 4-year-olds, and $130/month for 3-year-olds.
- Movement & Songs: Works on special relations, following directions, sequential order, coordination.
- Calendar Time: Works on days of the week, months of the year, counting/number skills, and pattern recognition. We also observe the weather and chart it on a graph.
- Bible Time: Stories that focus on God’s love.
- Center Time: Child choice – reading center, writing center, math center, small manipulative, sand sensory table, block play, dramatic play.
- Skills: focus on kindergarten readiness – cutting, gluing, letter & number recognition, rhyming, etc.
- Art: Focus on creativity, but there are a lot of projects that focus on following directions, cutting skills, gluing skills, hand-eye coordination.
- Phonemic awareness: Letter of the week, exposing children to the concept that letters make words and words make sentences.
- Story of the week: Stories focus on character development or skills being taught. The focus of story time is to promote a love for reading.
- Theme based Activities: Small manipulative, fine motor, kindergarten readiness skills centered around the theme.